Hypalon is the most known material and the most resistant. It exists several thicknesses of Hypalon which are chosen by the manufacturer according to the length of the boat. The structure of rubber fabric is:
- An external layer made up of a Hypalon® rubber.
- An internal layer made up of a rubber neoprene (between external and internal layer is inserted fabrics textile (polyester – polyamide)). The Hypalon® neoprene resists to U.V and it is resistant in time.
It is used by famous brands because it is easily manufacturing. This fabric is part of the family of the plastomers. Entirely resulting from a chemical mixture, it is also composed of a support polyester on which is lying a PVC coating on its two faces. It does not suffer from any porosity and is perfectly tight. Its chemical composition allows a large variety in the colours and its mass industrialization makes it possible to decrease its price. On the other hand, it is slightly less resistant to U.V and present a little less flexibility compared to Neoprene-Hypalon.
The polyurethane is an elastomer which has an excellent abrasive resistant. The polyurethane tubes are relatively rare on the market because difficult to manufacture. Sometimes you may find this mate rial on the military inflatable boat but it is an expensive material.
The KIT Inflatable Maintenance offers materials that are compatible with each inflatable boat. Those materials are:
- PARBATT’: Cleans easily and perfectly fenders and inflatable boat marked by carbon fouling, smoke stains, rubber deposits and greasy residues. Moreover, PARBATT’ brings back shine to treated surface. It does not attack light alloys such chromium, anodised aluminium surfaces and is based on tensioactive vegetable extracts of easily renewable origin.
- ST20: Removes quickly vegetable pollutions such as seaweeds, moss, mildews on the hypalon, the neoprene and the P.V.C. Allows to devitalize plant cells and destroy microorganisms responsible for the degradation of the hypalon, neoprene and P.V.C. Contains whitening agents which allow to bring back to inflatable boat their original color. Removes green and black spots.
- PROTECTOR FOR INFLATABLES: It is a glosser protector ready to use which deposits a hydrophobic protective film delaying the incrustation of the stains and giving back brightness to the treated surface. Does not contain silicone. Brings back shine.
- KLINCARE: is a concentrated shampoo for hull and deck. KLINCARE removes perfectly grease, oil and tar marks on gelcoat and paint. It contains neither silicone, nor solvents. It does not leave any aureole on the support cleaned after the rinsing. It is a neutral preparation which makes it possible to clean easily gelcoat and paint. It does not attack the skin. It is manufactured from ingredients chosen for their biodegradability and their compatibility with the environment.
For further information see the documents below
*To acquire the Safety Data Sheet please fill the contact form.