- Fast and easy-to-use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability
- Excellent high temperature resistance (short term 450˚F) allows for bonding prior to powder coat or liquid painting processes
- Can replace mechanical fasteners (rivets, welding, screws) or liquid adhesives in appropriate applications
- Gray, 0.045 in (1.1 mm), acrylic adhesive with a conformable, acrylic foam core
- Eliminate drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and clean-up
- Virtually invisible fastening helps keep surfaces smooth; no unsightly rivet heads or weld marks
- Closed-cell construction allows both bonding and sealing
- Pressure sensitive adhesive bonds on contact to provide immediate handling strength
- Allows the use of thinner, lighter weight and dissimilar materials
3M™ VHB™ Tape GPH-110GF is a permanent bonding solution that can replace traditional mechanical fasteners and liquid adhesives in challenging, high temperature applications. Its acrylic foam core provides a good balance of strength and conformability. 3M VHB Tape GPH-110GF has excellent temperature resistance, ideal for powder coat or liquid paint processes which undergo a heat bake cycle.
Convenience Meets Extreme Bonding Power
Our 3M™ VHB™ Tape consists of a durable acrylic adhesive with viscoelastic properties. This provides an extraordinarily strong double sided foam tape that adheres to a broad range of substrates, including aluminum, stainless steel, galvanized steel, composites, plastics, acrylic, polycarbonate, ABS and painted or sealed wood and concrete. Our bonding tapes provide excellent shear strength, conformability, surface adhesion and temperature resistance. They are commonly used in applications across a variety of markets including transportation, appliance, electronics, construction, sign and display and general industrial. Reliably bonds a variety of materials with strength and speed for permanent applications.
- Assembly of components before powder coat or liquid paint processes
- High operating temperature applications
- Stiffener to panel
- Panel to frame
- Decorative material and trim
When The Heat Is On, Stay Strong
Our 3M™ VHB™ Tape GPH family’s high temperature resistance (short term 450 °F) allows it to be bonded prior to powder coat or liquid painting processes. This reduces the number of “touches,” leading to a more streamlined manufacturing process.The GPH family offers the speed and ease assembly found in 3M™ VHB™ Tape, even in applications involving high operating temperatures (long term resistance 300 °F).
An Unconventional Foam Tape
We invented 3M™ VHB™ Tapes in 1980 as the first of their kind. These unique tapes combine conformability with a strong, permanent bond. The result is a family of extraordinarily strong tapes that adhere to a broad range of substrates. 3M™ VHB™ Tape is a proven alternative to screws, rivets, welds and other forms of mechanical fasteners. Skyscrapers, cell phones, electronic highway signs, refrigerators, architectural windows and more all rely on this specialty bonding tape for one or more steps in the assembly, mounting, fastening and sealing process. This trusted and reliable tape offers a consistent bond, outstanding durability and excellent solvent and moisture resistance. 3M stands by all of its products and is there to provide you with design guidance and technical support when you need it.
Proven Reliability from 3M™ VHB™ Tapes
3M™ VHB™ Tape offers a durable bond in a way that mechanical fasteners can’t. This tape enhances the appearance of finished goods by eliminating rivets and screws while providing immediate handling strength. In most cases, fastening with 3M™ VHB™ Tape is a quicker process than drilling, fastening, or using liquid adhesive. Our versatile line of tapes can be used indoors or outdoors in a variety of applications, including window, door and sign assembly, electronics, construction and countless other industrial applications. Chemically resistant as well as UV and temperature stable, 3M™ VHB™ Tape can withstand the heat of Dubai to the cold of Canada. The unique acrylic chemistry is extremely durable and resistant to change over time, making this a long-lasting and powerful tape you can trust.
For further information see the documents below
*To acquire the Safety Data Sheet please fill the contact form.